Graduate Students


As a graduate student, there are two types of funding available to support your research. You can apply for internal travel grants from the Faculty of Education to cover conference travel to present research results. Also available are a number of external funding opportunities. Below are the links to internal opportunities and to Pivot - a large international database for searching external research funding opportunities.

General Resources

External Awards and Scholarships

If your are interested in applying for any external awards and scholarships such as SSHRC, Vanier, CGS, etc. please consult Western's Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies webpage on external funding:

Problem opening a .pdf?

We recommend opening pdfs using Internet Explorer. 

If using Firefox:
In the upper right-hand corner, click 'Open With Different Viewer' button and select Adobe Acrobat Reader from the drop down menu.
OR   → Menu → Options → Applications → Portable Doc Format → Drop down - Use Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If using Google Chrome:
  → Copy and paste the following into the search bar in Chrome; chrome://settings/content → Press Enter → Under the section 'PDF Documents', enable the button to Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.