How to Apply
Choose a certificate and area of study
Get your documents
Here’s what you need:
You’ll need to complete your student profile by providing your name, address, phone number, etc. You will also need to provide the teaching program you have completed, or currently completing, which allows you to work as a teacher in a designated area.
Academic History should include all academic institutions you attended.
You can submit your supporting documents in a digital format. Supplementary documents include:
- Certificate of completion for recognized teaching program
If you are currently enrolled in a recognized teaching program or BEd program, please provide your Acceptance Letter.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Any other information that you feel the Admission Committee should have when considering your application
- English Language Proficiency Test
Transcripts must be provided for the following:
- College/University courses and programs that are completed or in progress
- Courses taken on a letter of permission, exchange, or courses for which you have received transfer credit, even if they appear on your home institution’s transcript
- Past or current students of Western University need to provide an academic record for Western (web academic report).
English Proficiency Scores
- International applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide an English Proficiency test score (TOEFL, MELAB or IELTS) along with their supporting application documents by the application deadline.
Who must provide proof of English proficiency?
- International applicants whose first language isn’t English will be required to provide an English Proficiency test score (TOEFL, MELAB or IELTS) along with their supporting application documents by the application deadline.
- Score reports are valid two years from the date of submission of a student's Online Application. If the test results are older than two years, the test will need to be rewritten.
- Applicants who are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English and fail to do so may be denied admission.
- If, after admission, you show an inadequate command of spoken or written English, you will be required to improve your proficiency to the Faculty’s satisfaction. You may be asked to withdraw from the program if your inadequate command of English interferes with your ability to communicate effectively in the program.
For admission into the IB Program, applicants must be from an English-speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores:
- Min TOEFL ibt: 86.0 (Minimum reading: 20.0; Minimum writing: 20.0; Minimum listening: 20.0; Minimum speaking: 20.0)
- Min IELTS average: 6.5 (Minimum reading: 6.0; Minimum writing: 6.0; Minimum listening: 6.0; Minimum speaking: 6.0)
For further information, contact our Recruitment Officers.
Non-refundable application fee payment $100 CAD
Western accepts the following methods of payment: Visa, Mastercard
- Applicants from the previous year re-applying for the current year will be required to re-apply for admission via the online application and pay the application fee.
- Students who’ve voluntarily withdrawn or who’ve been withdrawn and wish to complete their program must formally re-apply for admission via the online application. Credit for previous work completed must be approved by the program and is not guaranteed.
Submit your application online
To apply for admission, a completed application must be submitted. Please Note: The GRE is not a requirement to apply to our programs, but if you have scores you would like to submit, we will accept them.