Western Education gift drive supports Merrymount
November 13, 2019
Western Education is bringing joy to children at the Merrymount Family Support and Crisis Centre this holiday season.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to donate to Merrymount’s holiday gift drive.
Merrymount was chosen because of its strong relationship with the Faculty’s Mary J. Wright Research and Education Centre, which is located at Merrymount. This partnership allows faculty and graduate students to work with Merrymount clients.
“It was easy to select Merrymount as the organization we would support this holiday season,” said organizer and Director of Community Engagement at the Faculty of Education, Rosie Triebner. “Together, we’re transforming the lives of children, their families and our communities and we hope the items we donate will bring children happiness and learning opportunities.”
The following items are needed:
- Construction paper
- Elmer’s “Glue All”
- Elmer’s “white glue”
- Beads to make bracelets
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Baby dolls
- Super hero toys
- Coloured card stock paper
- Acrylic paint for art projects in various colours – primary and neon
- Craft supplies
- Dollarama gift cards
- Wooden frames
- Industrial air hockey table
- Steel sturdy hockey nets
- Kids sturdy street hockey goalie equipment
- A Yak Bak
- Guess Who
- Candy Lane game
- Don’t Tip the waiter
- Sushi Go
- Feed the Kitty
- “The Beautiful Book” by Todd Parr
- “Beautiful Oops!” by Barney Saltzberg
- “Hey, Little Ant” by Hannah Hoose and Phillip Hoose
- “The Way I Feel” by Janan Cain
- “I am Love: A Book of Compassion” by Susan Verde and Peter H. Reynolds
- “The Family Book” by Todd Parr
- “It’s Okay to be Different” by Todd Parr
Donations will be accepted until Dec. 20 and they can be dropped off at the Dean’s Office.
All proceeds benefit children at the Merrymount Family Support and Crisis Centre.