BEd Admission Requirements
Minimum Academic Requirements for Primary-Junior, Junior-Intermediate, and Intermediate-Senior Programs, September 2020 Entry:
- For admission in September 2020, you must be on track to complete your program of study from an acceptable undergraduate degree program at an accredited university by August 31, 2020. The degree must be conferred no later than the Fall of 2020.
- You must have successfully completed the equivalent of 10 full university credits at the time of application. Transfer credits from community colleges and CEGEP courses cannot be considered. Preference is given to applicants who have attained four-year degrees with the equivalent of 20 full credits.
- You must have a minimum average of 70% in your best 10 full or equivalent undergraduate courses. As well, if you are applying to the Junior-Intermediate or Intermediate-Senior programs you must also have a minimum average of 70% in those courses which support your teaching subjects. Courses taken after August 2019 cannot be included in the calculation of the overall and teaching subject averages, but will be counted in support of program requirements. List these and other courses which will be completed to meet final degree requirements in the TEAS application form.
- In addition to meeting the general admission requirements, you must also meet your program stream requirements.
- English Language Proficiency: If applicable, English language proficiency tests must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar before an offer of admission can be made.
Western offers three programs which guarantee admission to the Faculty of Education:
- Kings' University College Catholic Studies for Teachers program guarantees entry to Junior/Intermediate and Intermediate/Senior with a Religious Education teaching subject.
- The Faculty of Music's Bachelor of Music with Honours in Music Education program guarantees entry to Junior/Intermediate and Intermediate/Senior with a Music-Instrumental or Music-Vocal teaching subject.
- Brescia University College's French program guarantees entry to Primary/Junior French as a Second Language or Junior/Intermediate and Intermediate/Senior with a French as a Second Language teaching subject.
- Brescia University College's Family Studies program guarantees entry to Intermediate/Senior with Family Studies as a teaching subject.
- Huron University College's French program guarantees entry to Primary/Junior French as a Second Language or Junior/Intermediate and Intermediate/Senior with a French as a Second Language teaching subject.
Equity Admission Application
The Faculty of Education at Western University is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity in all that we do. For a designated number of places in the B.Ed.program, preference will be given to members of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, and those disadvantaged and discriminated because of their race, religion, gender, sexuality, socio-economic stats, ability and/or other factors identified by the applicant. Those wishing consideration under the equity admissions process must submit the Equity Admission Application by the application deadline to the Teacher Education Office (1137 Western Road, London N6G 2T5, attention "Equity Admission").
Applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will not be admitted. If you believe an error has been made in the evaluation of your application, you may submit an appeal using the form available here (PDF). Appeals for 2020 admission are due by March 1, 2020.
Offers of admission will be made online via the Student Center on February 15. Access to the Student Center requires the activation of your Western identity. Account activation instructions are available here (PDF).