Arrays and Area & Perimeter in second grade
- Second grade students read the story The Doorbell Rang
- They explored the math in the story, using linking cubes to model the 12 cookies to be shared
- They used bingo dabbers to create rectangular arrays for the number 12, and imagined and drew real-life objects based on each array
- They read the story Wolf Gets Hurt and used linking cubes and string to model the base and fence of Wolf's pen
- Then they used square grid paper to create rectangular arrays of 16 tables and used bingo dabbers to see how many chairs fit
- Student writing and comments were used to make up 3 songs
- See their performances, shared publicly though the Math Performance Festival.