Master of Professional Education
Length: 2 Years* Format: Online**
The Master of Professional Education is a fully online degree designed for working professionals wishing to advance in their chosen field. Candidates will develop critical thinking and decision-making skills to solve authentic problems of practice.
- *This program is considered full time, but is structured in a manner which allows you to continue the important work that you do within your sector.
- The Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) has determined that an 8-credit Master's Degree is acceptable for those planning to complete their PQP or SOQP. There is no longer a requirement to have a 10-credit Master's degree to complete these courses. Please contact the OCT if you have further questions about the PQP or SOQP.
- The successful completion of a Master of Professional Education degree does not lead to certification with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT).
- **For the Master of Professional Education in TESOL, this program is held onsite and over the course of 1 year instead of 2.
Choose a Field of Study
- Field of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Field of Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Field of Early Childhood Education
- Field of Educational Leadership
- Field of Equity, Diversity, and Social Justice
- Field of French Education
- Field of International Education
- Field of International School Leadership
- Field of Mathematics Education
- Field of Literacy Education (Not Offered 2018)
- Field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Field of Teaching Students with Exceptionalities