Why is Western's B.Ed./Dip.Ed. for me?
I chose to go to Western for my education degree because of the extended practicum sessions and the integration of service learning through the transition to professional practice placements. I was eager to have extended time for hands on learning in the classroom and the wider community. – Lindsey Marshall
Did you know?
- In Ontario, a Bachelor of Education/Diploma in Education is required to become a school teacher.
- Ontario's Teaching Certificate is valid throughout Canada and recognized around the world.
- Over 80% of our graduates would recommend our program to a friend!
- Our program offers a special focus in Early Years Education.
- Our Transition to Professional Practice opportunities can set you apart from other graduates.
Benefits and Skills
A Bachelor of Education/Diploma in Education provides you with skills in:
- Education and training
- Organization and time management
- Innovating thinking and problem solving
- Communication and presentation
- Cooperation and relationship building
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Supervision and evaluation
Many career options are available to our graduates (additional education or training may be required).
- Adult Education teacher
- Special Education teacher
- ESL teacher
- Corporate trainer
- Recreation program coordinator
- Curriculum developer
- Educational materials writer or sales representative
- School or college counselor
- International school recruitment officer
- Educational administrator
- School social worker
- School psychologist
A Bachelor of Education/Diploma in Education can also help to prepare you for a career in these areas of employment:
- Educational leadership
- Education and law
- Early Childhood Education
- Occupational/Speech therapy
- Educational publishers
- Administration offices
- Provincial and Federal government agencies
- Post-secondary education (colleges and universities)
- Youth and social services
- Community development agencies
- Arts, culture, and educational centres