INSPiRE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR INTERDISCIPLINARY PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION TEAM DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
Background: The aim of INSPiRE is to foster an intellectual community and interdisciplinary network for the scholarship of professional education. Its goals are:
- To create opportunities to interact across disciplines;
- To identify scholars and students in the field through the development of a virtual network and community of practice;
- To build capacity for researchers and students to advance knowledge and contribute to the scholarship of professional education.
This call is designed to support the above goals of INSPiRE through support of new teams of faculty and students coming together to develop and to deliver their scholarly ideas around a topic of interest to their team members and to the wider INSPiRE membership. The work of successful teams will contribute to forthcoming INSPiRE seminar series.
Purpose of this call: To support the development of new interdisciplinary scholarly teams who focus on professional education research. And further, to contribute to scholarly discourse on topics related to professional education among INSPiRE members.
3-4 Grants of up to $1500 are available for this call
Electronic grant applications and proposal submissions are due by 4 p.m. on Friday 30 April, 2010 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal Submission Guidelines:
A 2-page proposal is required that incorporates the following:
- Title of topic that is consistent with the goals of INSPiRE’s purpose to advance knowledge about professions’ education and research (please check www.edu.uwo.ca/inspire for the goals of the group).
- Description of the plan, including a later provision of an interactive 45 minute face-to-face presentation involving the team members.
- Include: A brief summary of existing literature on topic; Evolving research questions that need to be addressed on the topic; Budget (up to $1,500); Plan for presentation.
Expectations of Successful Applicant Teams:
1. Successful applicant teams will be expected to provide the INSPiRE Director with their first and second choice of dates for the team presentation from a schedule established by the INSPIRE Board within two weeks following their notification of the award.
2. One month prior to presentation:
- Provide a short abstract of the topic presentation suitable for advertising purposes;
- A one-page bio sheet including 1-2 paragraph bios of each team member;
The call is open to new teams comprised of:
- Members from at least two different disciplinary backgrounds/professions;
- Graduate student members are encouraged but not required;
- Participants with the intention to become Members of INSPIRE (to become a member of INSPiRE, please contact: email@example.com. Membership is free, membership is not limited to UWO faculty).
Please Note: This call supports the development of new teams and is not available to pre-existing teams.
An Application Form and Proposal should be prepared and submitted in an electronic format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Format for Proposal: 2 page limit
12 point font
Use of 2.5 cm. Margins
Prepare in 8.5’ x 11’ size pages
Using either MS Word or PDF formats for both the proposal and application forms
The Application form can be found at: http://www.edu.uwo.ca/inspire/application.html